July 30, 2016

      The  Lord's  Day


        I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day

        Present in His heaven, present in substance available but yet unformed

        And behold, a creative field emerged with Him

        Charged with sustained agreement. Intimate with purpose.


        And lo, beneath me, I heard sparkling waters

        Appearing through the earth of my repentant soul.

        And we said, “Let there be a fountain of forgiveness

        That all may be cleansed.”


        And lo, behind me, I sensed a fragrant wind

        Bearing a sweet scent, like a fresh morn

        And we said, “Let there be rarefied air

        Newly summoned within a purified soul.


                           

        



        And lo, beside me, I saw shifting fields

        Conforming and reshaping in accordance with lines of dominion.

        And we said, “Let the earth bring forth levels of design

        That this fruit might bear witness.”


        And lo, before me, I knew an ignited world

        Charged with love. Intimate with purpose.

        And we said, “Let this radiance go forth To accomplish our will.”


        And we rested, assured and thankful,

        That this compulsion would not return unto us void.


        

            


                   Gary Diggins

No comments: