December 18, 2015

Light in the Sky






Don Hynes




You seem so far away;


when I call you


my voice echoes


in a cavern of stone,


words thick, clogged


with the refuse of belief.


I struggle with deception


the way I'm fooled


by hunger and despair.





I see you in the distance


coming toward me


with the old familiar look


the voice of a friend;


you weren't so far


except through


the glass of the world.


This is the morning


your words say,


ringing off the sky


into the deep clear blue.






donhynes.com/blog

1 comment:

Lucille said...

A very beautiful expression from Don...I love the way he expressed himself in poetry and ending with: This is the morning your words say, ringing off the sky into the deep clear blue. These words, nor the experience, aren't unfamiliar to me, but thankful I am for the deep clear blue. Thank you, David, for posting this.