May 01, 2015

Mystery


Paul  Winter  Consort




It lives in the sea or a tree as it grows.
You can hear it, if you listen, to the wind as it blows.
It’s there in a river as it flows into the sea.
It’s the sound in the soul of someone becoming free
And it lives in the laughter of children at play
And in the blazing sun that gives light to the day.
It moves the planets and all the stars that shine.
It’s been the mover of mountains, since the beginning of time.

Oh Mystery you are alive; I feel you all around.
You are the fire in my heart; you are the holy sound,
You are all of life; it is to you that I sing.
Grant that I may feel you, always in everything.

And it lives in the waves as they crash upon the beach.
I have seen it in the goals that we have tried to reach.
I feel it in the light and I know it means so much.
I know it in your smile, my love, when our hearts do touch.
But when I listen deep inside, I feel best of all,
Like a moon that’s glowing white and I listen to your call
And I know you will carry me, I feel like the tide
Rushing through the ocean, and my heart is open wide.
Oh Mystery you are alive, I feel you all around.
You are the fire in my heart; you are the holy sound.
You are all of life; it is to you that I sing.


Paul Winter Consort's  Mystery  from  Missa Gaia
written by  Jeremy Geffen,  arranged by  Jim Scott,  sung by  Susan Osborne

paulwinter.com

No comments: