March 01, 2015



This  Place  Is  Holy


Black Elk   Hehaka Sapa
great holy man   wicasa waken   of the Oglala People
says in prayer

Grandfather, Great Spirit.
You lived first,
and you are older than all need,
older than all prayer.
All things belong to you.
You have set the powers of the four quarters to cross each other.
The good road and the road of difficulties
you have made to cross;
and where they cross
the place is holy

where the good road
and the road of difficulties
cross
is where I stand
and that place is the center of the world
and it is holy
everywhere I stand,
that place is at the Center

the great circle
the great hoop of life
the Sacred Hoop
moves as I move
and a great arc of light across the land
pulsing
breathes into life
the blessed pathways of a Sacred Nation

the Sacred Nation comes into being
where the road of difficulties
known in this body world
and the good road
blend
this place is holy

every time I allow my body world
to come to focus
in the spirit of the good road
the road of difficulties
dissolves
in a consciousness of the holy place,
a consciousness of Creator magnificence
a consciousness of love
this place is holy

receive the ever present opportunity to listen
for the presence of love
perceive
the ever present design of love
and walk in its pathways
these are the ways of life in the earth
learn these ways and respect them
always

this is the command of the Great Spirit
obey

Great Spirit
Day in and day out,
Forever,
You are the life of things

david barnes



Then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all,

and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world.

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell

and I understood more than I saw;

for I was seeing in a sacred manner

the shapes of all things in the spirit,

and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.



And I saw that the sacred hoop of my people was one of many hoops

that made one circle,

wide as daylight and as starlight,

and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree

to shelter all the children of one mother and one father.

And I saw that it was holy.



Black Elk



No comments: