February 10, 2015

Ashanti  &  Sarah


Sarah Fleury & Ashanti Fraser have diverse backgrounds in business, education and a wide variety of healing and spiritual traditions. Our lives are devoted to staying awake in a world with many temptations to go to sleep. We offer our assistance and support to others who are also interested in being more alive, more aware and much more loving. We are all dedicated to exploring any and all experiences that contribute to the fullest and truest expression of each individual. This enables us to be with people in very creative and exciting ways. Using everything at our disposal, we focus on assisting people to live with greater freedom, creativity, joy and awareness. We are lovingly provocative and demonstrate the possibility of living from no fixed position.

Sammasati Seminars

Sammasati Seminars offers a variety of awareness and personal growth workshops and private counselling sessions. While these services are offered all over North America and Mexico—our base of operations is in Victoria, British Columbia. Around the various experiences offered by Sammasati, emphasis is placed on using the time both in and out of sessions to experiment with living in a heightened state of awareness, as well as learning to have more fun and excitement in life. These are wonderful opportunities to relax into yourself, go to another level and find a different kind of truth and freedom. These are ideal experiences for anyone searching for a deeper connection with themselves and a greater state of clarity and awareness. There is the opportunity for private retreats and individual session work. Also offered are sessions from the sacred healing art of Attunement.





Ashanti Fraser  &  Sarah Fleury



Ashanti's Poem to His Father



Into the crisp cutting of the morning the son rises,

Fighting off the long shadow of the night’s inner journey,

I stop to re-kindle the fire burnt way down

In its own struggle through the darkness.

My heart, feeling blackened like the small embers I am fanning

Contracts against the power of the breath,

Fearing that it might leap into flames, igniting the tree

And possibly consuming the entire forest.

I stand, adult now, living at the edge of the sea, like a long thin reed,

Or the solitary leg of a silent Heron,

I am rooted with dangerous thinness in my chosen exile.

Heat.

I was like gasoline near my father’s inner fire,

Explosions came out towards me with increasing danger.

Where was his passion?

Drowned in his decisions of responsibility –

His spirit, struggling to stay alive, was nearly lost

To the water of fire, which the false soul craved.

It served to keep the rage far enough hidden to remain constantly dangerous –

Did this come from his father too?

I needed to create demons around me to explain him!

My requests were simple – stop hitting me, don’t leave me,

Show me the way – but deafened by the roar of the fire –

Neither of us heard, we both forgot….my chest scarred over.

This at least was hot – then for years I lost him.

Both of our fires receded, caught deep in the darkness of a winter’s wood,

Each of us frozen, silently crying out.

But we did not hear ourselves, let alone each other.

We would need some healing fire, but the frozen numbness became more comfortable –

It has a death-like perfection.

That too is addictive.

Finding myself in this darkness, the thing I fear most

Is the demon of fire now in my bones, this body rage

That is well beyond reason.

To find my passion, to break the cycle,

I must face the chaos and descend.

Somewhere along the path he came back to me,

Before the irreversible crisis of death had its final separation.

Together we form a crucible of learning.

Just what we learn is a matter of courage and choice.

To perpetuate the soul-eating distance between us

Would be cowardice.

Only one risking heart needs to break through the

Covering ice.

My container is now strong enough to let our shared fire burn safely –

The gasoline is now just the ordinary wood of my soul.

I’ll let him know it’s safe

And wait for him

At home.



Ashanti






No comments: