June 17, 2015





I stand at the center

and the light shines all around me

and now I know my spirit glowing makes this light.

I come into power with the sun for I am the sun.

I am my own light.
 

Here at the center I see the meaning of things, all things.

And now I know that I am the meaning.

The whole meaning.
 

The four directions come together in me.

I am the center

and everything flows from me, returns to me.
 

I am that which they call Great Mystery.

I am that which each one calls Wakantanka before coming here,

before seeing the light.





I am here and so I know.

Here I know everything.

Here I know myself.
 

I am thought and will.

And nothing sits above my will.

I am pride and joy.

And nothing sits above my joy.
 

I own my life.

And only mine.

And so I shall appreciate my person.

And so I shall make proper use of myself.
 

I stand here in the light of my own presence

and I recognize my power.
 

I am reason.

And nothing sits above my choice.

I am truth.

And so I live in the spirit.

And so I live forever.
 

I am the oneness of the whole.

And whatever happens, happens in me.

I am Ahbleza.

I own the earth.
 




from  Hanta Yo  by  Ruth Beebe Hill

No comments: